[Hudson-Dev] Can I get my account back?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator

Hi,

I noticed that my account on wiki.hudson-ci.org isn't accessible to me
any more.

If you go see [1] to access my profile (you need to be logged in), you
see that my name is changed from "Kohsuke Kawaguchi" to "hudson CI", and
my e-mail address was changed to "[hidden email]". The end result
was as if all my contributions to the Wiki came from "hudson CI" and not
"Kohsuke Kawaguchi".

I'm assuming this is some kind of a mistake, but because the e-mail
address was changed, I cannot regain access to the account to fix things
by my self.

My understanding of the terms of use of the site (4.c) is that I did not
give up the ownership of my contributions, and as such I'd like the
credit for my contributions restored.

Thanks for your help in getting my account back.

[1] http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/~kohsuke/Home
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                          http://kohsuke.org/

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Can I get my account back?

Jason van Zyl
On Feb 6, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that my account on wiki.hudson-ci.org isn't accessible to me any more.

If you go see [1] to access my profile (you need to be logged in), you see that my name is changed from "Kohsuke Kawaguchi" to "hudson CI", and my e-mail address was changed to "[hidden email]". The end result was as if all my contributions to the Wiki came from "hudson CI" and not "Kohsuke Kawaguchi".

I'm assuming this is some kind of a mistake, but because the e-mail address was changed, I cannot regain access to the account to fix things by my self.

Sure, I can fix it. I wanted to catch up with you on IM as we'd like to regain access to the hudson-labs infrastructure as well. There are a few other VMs we're not sure exactly where they are.

Shall we sync up over IM?

My understanding of the terms of use of the site (4.c) is that I did not give up the ownership of my contributions, and as such I'd like the credit for my contributions restored.

Thanks for your help in getting my account back.

[1] http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/~kohsuke/Home
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi                          http://kohsuke.org/

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

 -- Buddha

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Can I get my account back?

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
I'm not sure if I understand.

I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to what happened to my Wiki
account, and I thought I phrased my e-mail accordingly. I was
expecting a quick apology and a fix, and then we can just move on.

Oracle has access to all the VMs running on their hardware. Please ask
them for the access, not me --- I no longer has access to any of
those.

So once again, please can you fix the account, and let me restore my
credit? If you'd like to talk about other things, you are welcome, and
you know how to reach me.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Can I get my account back?

Jason van Zyl-4
I will come find you and I don't want any misunderstandings in email so I think it's easier to have a conversation over IM, and if we both agree publish the results afterward. I'm not going to make any assumptions about what you expect so it's probably better to just talk.

On Feb 6, 2011, at 5:44 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

[...]

A language that doesn’t affect the way you think about programming is not worth knowing.

 -— Alan Perlis

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Can I get my account back?

Jason van Zyl-4

On Feb 6, 2011, at 5:44 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand.

I am willing to give the benefit of doubt to what happened to my Wiki
account, and I thought I phrased my e-mail accordingly. I was
expecting a quick apology and a fix, and then we can just move on.

Oracle has access to all the VMs running on their hardware. Please ask
them for the access, not me --- I no longer has access to any of
those.

There were urls on VMs under hudson-ci that were getting redirected to jenkins-ci when the rename happened, I mistakenly made the assumption that you might have had access.

So once again, please can you fix the account, and let me restore my
credit? If you'd like to talk about other things, you are welcome, and
you know how to reach me.

Then let's talk on IM now before this gets out of hand.

2011/2/6 Jason van Zyl <[hidden email]>:
On Feb 6, 2011, at 12:55 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
Sure, I can fix it. I wanted to catch up with you on IM as we'd like to
regain access to the hudson-labs infrastructure as well. There are a few
other VMs we're not sure exactly where they are.

Shall we sync up over IM?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will
elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come
and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Can I get my account back?

Christoph Kutzinski
Interesting.
I really wonder what could be misunderstood in Kohsuke's request.

Really seems like they're some new rules now effective in the forked Hudson community.

C.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------