Cannot upload large files in using CollabNet jenkins plugin

Cannot upload large files in using CollabNet jenkins plugin

padma_cn
It is observed that we are not able to upload large files using CollabNet Jenkins plugin. Jenkins upload works fine with smaller files

The error thrown is:
Feb 06, 2013 3:17:55 PM hudson.model.Run execute
INFO: slib-ova-release.jccheng #11 main build action completed: SUCCESS

The job status actually shows 'success' even though the plugin throws an exception:
[slib-ova-release.jccheng] $ /bin/bash /tmp/hudson2550771058982842421.sh
CollabNet FileRelease: Uploading file to project 'VisionOS', package 'test', release 'test' on host 'https://teamforge.
ctf.pe.vce.com' as user 'pebuildrelease'.
CollabNet FileRelease: Searching ant pattern '*.ova' in /opt/jenkins/workspace/slib-ova-release.jccheng : found 1
entry(ies)
CollabNet FileRelease: upload file failed due to org.apache.axis.AxisFault: ; nested exception is:
Finished: SUCCESS

On checking the plugin source code, it is getting the stub without any timeout. For example to get a stub for uploading a file, the call would be as follows.

IFileStorageAppSoap fileStorageApp = (IFileStorageAppSoap) ClientSoapStubFactory.getSoapStub(
                                    IFileStorageAppSoap.class, getServerUrl());

To get a stub with timeout, the call should be modified as:

IFileStorageAppSoap fileStorageApp = (IFileStorageAppSoap) ClientSoapStubFactory.getSoapStub(
                                    IFileStorageAppSoap.class, getServerUrl(), 1000);

We think this change should be done in the plugin code to make sure that for bigger files the timeout is set sufficiently huge.
Also, the job should not be shown as success when the post-build job fails. It would be good if this can also be included.

Please let us know your thoughts

Re: Cannot upload large files in using CollabNet jenkins plugin

dharmsheta
Created a jenkins issue for CN Plugin
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-17152

Fix can be expected in next release.

padma_cn wrote
[...]

Br
Dharmesh
Collabnet,Inc

RE: Cannot upload large files in using CollabNet jenkins plugin

padma_cn
RE: Cannot upload large files in using CollabNet jenkins plugin

Thank you, Dharmesh. This is great news.

> It is observed that we are not able to upload large files using CollabNet
> Jenkins plugin. Jenkins upload works fine with smaller files
>
> The error thrown is:
> Feb 06, 2013 3:17:55 PM hudson.model.Run execute
> INFO: slib-ova-release.jccheng #11 main build action completed: SUCCESS
>
> The job status actually shows 'success' even though the plugin throws an
> exception:
> [slib-ova-release.jccheng] $ /bin/bash /tmp/hudson2550771058982842421.sh
> CollabNet FileRelease: Uploading file to project 'VisionOS', package
> 'test', release 'test' on host 'https://teamforge.
> ctf.pe.vce.com' as user 'pebuildrelease'.
> CollabNet FileRelease: Searching ant pattern '*.ova' in
> /opt/jenkins/workspace/slib-ova-release.jccheng : found 1
> entry(ies)
> CollabNet FileRelease: upload file failed due to
> org.apache.axis.AxisFault: ; nested exception is:
> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
> Finished: SUCCESS
>
> On checking the plugin source code, it is getting the stub without any
> timeout. For example to get a stub for uploading a file, the call would be
> as follows.
>
> IFileStorageAppSoap fileStorageApp = (IFileStorageAppSoap)
> ClientSoapStubFactory.getSoapStub(
>                                   IFileStorageAppSoap.class, getServerUrl());
>
> To get a stub with timeout, the call should be modified as:
>
> IFileStorageAppSoap fileStorageApp = (IFileStorageAppSoap)
> ClientSoapStubFactory.getSoapStub(
>                                   IFileStorageAppSoap.class, getServerUrl(), 1000);
>
> We think this change should be done in the plugin code to make sure that
> for bigger files the timeout is set sufficiently huge.
> Also, the job should not be shown as success when the post-build job
> fails. It would be good if this can also be included.
>
> Please let us know your thoughts

-----
Br
Dharmesh