Any opinions on dependency version ranges support for Maven2/3

Any opinions on dependency version ranges support for Maven2/3

Christoph Kutzinski
Hi,

I've got https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-2787 on my backlog
for quite some time and I thought it wouldn't be to much effort to adapt
the patch the enable version ranges in Jenkins. However, currently I'm
more inclined to mark it as Won't Fix. Why?

- dependency ranges seem to be an unloved step child in Maven. They are
largely under-documented at least. See my question on Stackoverflow
regarding this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7167250/should-maven-dependency-version-ranges-be-considered-deprecated

- they are (IMHO) bad practice in general and especially in the context
of CI as they are directly opposing reproducible builds

Are there any other opinions on this one? Anyone who desparately wants
them to work in Jenkins? At least they are still an official Maven
feature and will stay around for the forseeable future.

cheers
Christoph

Re: Any opinions on dependency version ranges support for Maven2/3

Olivier Lamy-2
Hello,
Agree for the won't fix.

/me don't like version range in maven :-)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend : http://talend.com