[ANN] GlassFish Community Awards -- $175,000 give away for contributions

[ANN] GlassFish Community Awards -- $175,000 give away for contributions

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Hi, Hudson community,

This year, the GlassFish Community Awards (GAP)
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GapTop> program is giving
away  $175,000 (USD) in cash prizes for the best bug reports and other
contributions to the GlassFish community. Contributions include:

      * Develop Hudson core, plugins, or its libraries
      * Create Hudson documentation and/or best practices
      * Develop Hudson curricula or tools courseware that are
        localized and technology focused
      * Setup a Hudson users group
      * Localization; Create a localized Hudson portal
      * Promote Hudson at a university
      * Conduct research to improve Hudson

See the Project Ideas
<http://hudson.gotdns.com/wiki/display/HUDSON/Help+Wanted> page for
more concrete project ideas, and the GAP Rules
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GapRules> for the details
on creating an Entry. Email your Entry to
[hidden email].

Looking forward to seeing a lot of creative submissions!  Don't miss out
on the prizes.  Send in an Entry today!

--------------------
from Paul Sterk <[hidden email]>
  and Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] GlassFish Community Awards -- $175,000 give away for contributions

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator

Current plugin developers and localization developers should please
really submit this entry. For one thing, you've already done the work so
you might just as well take a chance of winning some prize, and
secondly, a large number of entries from Hudson would help me justify my
spending more time on Hudson internally at Sun.

And yes, David, your work on behalf of JBoss seems to qualify --- see
the latest Aquarium blog entry on this topic.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [ANN] GlassFish Community Awards -- $175,000 give away for contributions

David Vrzalik-2
> And yes, David, your work on behalf of JBoss seems to qualify --- see
> the latest Aquarium blog entry on this topic.

OK, thanks.

> > Send in an Entry today!

Is there any reason why not to send Entry on June 30? :)

--
David Vrzalik

Re: [ANN] GlassFish Community Awards -- $175,000 give away for contributions

stephenconnolly
Well I think you'd be better off with June 29th... the server could get overloaded and crash! ;-)

David Vrzalik wrote:
>> And yes, David, your work on behalf of JBoss seems to qualify --- see
>> the latest Aquarium blog entry on this topic.
>
> OK, thanks.
>
>> > Send in an Entry today!
>
> Is there any reason why not to send Entry on June 30? :)

Good point. I don't know.